Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Tedium Ahead...

Now that the New Year has started, I'm looking ahead to nearly a month of break. While that may seem appealing to some, I'm the type of person who likes to have her day planned out at least a little bit. There are certain events here and there throughout the month, but without schoolwork or work to fill up my everyday life, I don't know what I'll do until the end of January.

For some reason, I've been preoccupied with packing. Isn't that sad and pathetic, that I'm anticipating being so bored in the next month that I'm already considering the most tedious part about traveling? I haven't actually started packing yet, but I've been cataloguing everything I have to pack or buy, what I plan to leave behind, and how I'll attempt to fit it all in the least possible space.

I've always been a big reader, and that's going to be one of the biggest sacrifices in trying to pack when the time comes. I'm determined to be harshly minimal by only packing a couple of my favorites, like Pride and Prejudice or Jane Eyre. What better place to read the British classics than in England?

Inspiration!! I have a solution to both problems mentioned above. If I want to pack as little books as possible, I'll have to do my best to read as many of my favorites before I leave. That way, I won't feel like reading a book that isn't available to me when abroad. Plus, it'll help me fill up the time I have in the next month. Well, no better time to start than the present...

No comments:

Post a Comment