Saturday, January 3, 2009

Will Modern Wonders Never Cease?

I never thought I would see the day when three members of my family--myself included--would talk to one another on the phone while in the same house. But tonight, pigs flew and hell froze over thanks to Skype, one of the modern technological wonders of the day. My mother sat at her computer in the back room while Jennifer and I sat not five feet away from one another in the living room. With our laptops on our laps and our headphones affixed to our heads, we must have looked like aliens as we talked to our brother on a conference call. Sean was the only one who in good conscience could say that he truly needed Skype to talk to any of us, being at least twenty minutes away.

All kidding aside, it is nice to know that Skype offers a free way to keep in contact with my friends and family while I'll be overseas. Plus, the webcam that I got for Christmas will make it even easier to keep up with everyone. The only shortcoming is that people actually have to download the program first.

So if you have a computer with a microphone and you're interested in keeping in contact with me, go to http://www.skype.com/. Downloading is free and so are all computer-to-computer calls. Search for me by name and say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment