Friday, February 20, 2009

Just Another Typical Shopping Day...For Me

So today I went to Harrod's, the biggest and most extravagant collection of stores in London, not to mention a world-famous place in itself. And what did I spend my money on? Not the shoes, bags, clothes, or anything else that was surrounding me in the glitz and glamour. No...I bought food. Dessert, to be exact. The food in the food halls were enough to make anyone's mouth water, and the chocolate bar was even better. There were chocolate truffles in every flavor you could imagine and all sorts of delectable desserts to try. I bought a berry torte and creme brulee as takeaway and purchased a small green apple gelato. Nor was this unusual. I went with four other girls, all of whom bought desserts or chocolates of some sort. None of us purchased anything more than a couple postcards or stamps, although Sarah did buy a souvenir stuffed bear. So here is a picture of the delicious dessert that I am about to devour, the only souvenir I brought back from my trip to the shopping capital of England. And yes, that is a little disc of chocolate with a Harrod's logo on top. Eat your heart out.

1 comment: