Saturday, April 18, 2009

Tips for Passing Time and Making/Saving Money During Spring Break (Read At Your Own Risk!)

I have been on Reading Week/Easter vacation for the last three weeks. That time was partially spent on a literary trip with my twin where we were "carpetbagging" across the English countryside, staying in a different hostel every night, catching buses and trains every couple of hours. Consequently, we had a lot of free time on our hands waiting for certain forms of transportation, during which I brainstormed the following video idea for my blog. Forgive the poor quality of the videos; they were taken on my digital camera and I couldn't figure out how to upload them straight. Just cock your head sideways or something. Furthermore, I advise you to pay close attention to the disclaimer. This being said:

Tips for Passing Time and Making/Saving Money When Carpetbagging
CAUTION: Reading the content of this post has been known to destroy brain cells.

"PERSONS attempting to find a motive in this narra-tive will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot."
-The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, by Mark Twain

Tip #1: Stealing hubcaps



Tip #2: Stealing hubcaps that aren't already in motion

(Don't laugh, that got us 50 pence!)

Tip #3: Enjoying nature



Tip #4: Participating in local festivities
(This one took place in the village of Lacock, where the kids of the town were on a Scarecrow scavenger hunt, running 'round town looking for different scarecrows to identify. I made special friends with The King)


I don't think I have a shot at a career in movie directing, do you? Ah, well. I warned you that this post was pointless and stupid, but it was a good way to alleviate the boredom while we were waiting for the bus. I promise, the next couple of posts will...actually make sense.

1 comment: